Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Starting the New Year

Belated Happy New Years!  Let's hope for the best.

With that in mind, on Tuesday morning at about 3:30 am, our furnace began making horrible noises.  I investigated in my PJs and turned off the unit, knowing that I could do nothing then except fire up some electric heaters.  Later, I determined that the blower motor had finally bit the dust and obviously needed to be replaced. Not having a service policy, I knew who was going to be doing the work - me.  I removed the blower. 


Then, I dismantled the unit to remove the motor.  Finding a quick replacement I knew would be a challenge.  But, I was pleased by the fellows at Graingers Inc. They identified a perfect replacement and had it to their store in about 22 hours.  This was great, especially since the weather for the day and the next couple of days was to be our coldest yet this season.   I kept the electric heaters on and stoked the wood stove.



This morning, 1/5/12, I reassembled the motor and fans, spliced the wires to the connector and installed the unit. AND, IT WORKED!! (Never really sure about these things until the switch is pulled.) When Mary returns from picking up some groceries, she will be so happy!

The new year is off to a good start.

No comments:

Post a Comment