Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thanksgiving

There are so many things for which I am thankful; health, family, and friends, to note the important ones.  While now retired, I am thankful for the many years of traveling through my circuitous career and thankful, as I look forward to the future.  I don't often reflect upon these things as I should but I frequently contemplate the plight of so many others around the world and the world's future which often seems so tenuous.  We must be thankful for the present and hopeful for the future and do what they can to support those around them.

On a slightly more mundane level, I am thankful that today I didn't have to take a swim in my winterized pool.  As I was working on retrieving the cover which had slipped in, my helper, Diva the mighty boxer, stepped on to a section of taut but unsupported cover and of course, took a dive.  She was not a "happy puppy." It was about all I could do to retrieve her by pulling her some three feet up and out while leaning over the edge.  Wading in was the next option. As she was cold and drenched, I took the opportunity to give her a Thanksgiving bath.



2577

No comments:

Post a Comment