Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Long Time Between Posts

It's hard to believe how long it has been since my last blog.  It seems like only yesterday that the US lost its creditworthiness.  Surely something must have happened worth commenting on since then.

Oh, yes. I knew there was something.  According to Bachman and Beck, God is sending us messages in the form of our recent earthquake and hurricane.  (If correct, why start at the east coast. The west coast is in greater need.)  This sounds much like others who said similar things about 9/11 and Katrina! The comments did wonders for their careers.  To add to the fire, Limbaugh, is sure that President Obama was hoping for greater carnage to minimize his political problems.  Are these people nuts?!

In the meantime, electrical power is out all over the state including our neighborhood and the generators are humming. Luckily, we are still 'connected.'   School is back in session and that should make parents happy.

Hope everyone is recovering from their Irene experience, be it significant or modest.  

2440

1 comment:

  1. I was in Poland during the earthquake and worried that my plasterboard home would be ruined, and my car -- parked at BWI Amtrak station, in an unreliable structure -- would be demolished. Both were just fine.

    In the storm I did not lose power. Usually I'm out for a long while. So this time, I must have caught the gold ring! I got home from Poland just before they closed the airports. Am I lucky, or what?

    Meanwhile, my grass looks great! And I saved water and electricity while I was away for two weeks. Glad I didn't sign up for "peak rewards." The savings would not put a dent in my bill. I could hardly buy enough beer or wine for that savings.

    John

    ReplyDelete